A bottle in the sea : about female clients of sexual services

Moderators: Oceann, JanWbr

Lola_anthropo

A bottle in the sea : about female clients of sexual services

Berichtdoor Lola_anthropo » ma 26 februari 2024, 17:25

Hello everyone,

I'm a French doctoral student in anthropology. As part of my thesis, I'm doing comparative research between France and the Netherlands on the subject of sex work. More specifically, I'm interested in how women who use the sexual services of sex workers remain 'hidden' in our societies.
I'm very excited to discover this site, where subjects relating to women's sexuality and desire seem less taboo. Indeed, I think it's important to be able to talk more freely about women's sexual desire, at the risk of missing out on a whole area of the reality of women's lives.
In the specific case of sex work, and from an anthropological point of view, ignoring women clients is to deny a set of interactions and issues at the heart of the sex industry. The lack of representation of these social actresses in sex work has a certain symbolic dimension. So, in order to find out more about the reality of these practices, I am conducting interviews (in real life or virtually) with women who have ever used the services of sex workers (male or female). However, the strong taboo that hangs over these activities makes it difficult to meet people willing to testify. So I'm putting out a bottle to the sea, in the hope that some of the people involved will answer the call: would you agree to share your personal experience with me as part of this research project?
Of course, the interviews I conduct with clients of sexual services are strictly confidential and anonymous.
If you are interested in taking part in this study, please write to me at [email protected]. If you'd like to find out more about the interview process or my work, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for taking the time to read me. Have a nice day!

Kind regards,

Lola Mégean

Terug naar “Maatschappelijke kwesties”